YES delivers English and Maths learning programmes to adults and young people aged 16-25. Volunteer Learning Assistants will be assigned to a weekly class, supporting learners in a 1:1 or small group capacity to improve their confidence and skills.
The volunteer position would be suitable for someone who is looking to develop their 1 to 1 or small group work skills, perhaps pursue a career in education, or social care. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months and will provide a comprehensive induction and ongoing training.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Work with learners 1 to 1 or in small groups to facilitate English or Maths learning.
- Overseeing initial assessments and mock exams
- Help the tutor to make or adapt resources
- Help to display students work
- Work 1:1 with a student to build confidence and develop better communication skills
- Follow YES policies and procedures, including health and safety and safeguarding, throughout your placement
Hours of placement, including days/times where relevant: Minimum 3 hours per week (morning or afternoon) supporting a class. Classes currently take place at the following times:
- Monday morning / afternoon
- Tuesday morning / afternoon
- Wednesday morning
- Thursday afternoon.
Length of placement: Minimum of 6 months commitment – term time only.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 August, 2021 – 10:00How to Apply:
YES will be delivering Volunteer Information Sessions at 10am on the 24th August and 10am and 2pm on the 2nd September. Applicants interested in volunteering are invited to attend one of these sessions to find out more about YES, our volunteer roles and how to apply.
Volunteer Interviews will take place the following week commencing 6th September.
Volunteer Induction will take place on 23rd and 30th September with Placements starting in October.
To book a place at one of the Volunteer Information Sessions please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name, telephone number and email address
- Volunteer Role(s) interested in
- Reasons for your interest in volunteering for YES (3-4 sentences max)
- The time and date of the Volunteer Information Session you would like to attend
Contact Person: Kate JefferyContact Email: kate@youtheducationservice
Contact Phone: 0117 973 9744