The Friends of YES Group Co-Ordinator will plan and facilitate group sessions with adults who previously attended learning courses at YES. The group provides attendees with an opportunity to keep in touch with friends and offers an important opportunity for social interaction and participation in activities.
The volunteer position would be suitable for someone who is looking to develop their group work skills, perhaps pursue a career in education, or social care. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months and will provide a comprehensive induction and ongoing training.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Invite Friends of YES members to group sessions
- Plan group sessions with input from attendees and other group volunteers
- Take account of individual needs in planning and session delivery
- Create and gather together session resources
- Set up any equipment and resources needed during sessions
- Alongside other volunteers, welcome attendees into the building
- Deliver sessions with support from learning assistant volunteers
- Maintain attendance and outcomes logs for each session
- Follow YES policies and procedures, including health and safety and safeguarding, throughout your placement
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 August, 2021 – 10:00
Hours of placement, including days/times where relevant: Wednesday mornings, Approx 3 hours per week at our Bristol base
Length of placement: Minimum of 6 months commitment – term time only.
How to Apply:
YES will be delivering Volunteer Information Sessions at 10am on the 24th August and 10am and 2pm on the 2nd September. Applicants interested in volunteering are invited to attend one of these sessions to find out more about YES, our volunteer roles and how to apply.
Volunteer Interviews will take place the following week commencing 6th September.
Volunteer Induction will take place on 23rd and 30th September with Placements starting in October.
To book a place at one of the Volunteer Information Sessions please email email@example.com with the following information:
Your name, telephone number and email address
- Volunteer Role(s) interested in
- Reasons for your interest in volunteering for YES (3-4 sentences max)
- Preferred Information Session Date
Contact Person: Kate JefferyContact Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgContact Phone: 0117 973 9744