A YES Host will support adult learners to engage with and access learning programmes, playing a key role in helping learners feel welcome and comfortable during their visit.
The volunteer position would be suitable for someone who is looking to develop their communication skills, perhaps pursue a career in education, social care or hospitality. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months and will provide a comprehensive induction and ongoing training.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Support Tutor to setup classrooms and resources before sessions.
- Meet and greet learners, letting them into the building, reminding them of health and safety, making drinks and settling them into the classroom.
- Support Tutors with keeping attendance registers and the follow-up of absent learners.
- Help maintain a tidy classroom, including putting away resources, washing dishes and wiping tables.
- As directed by Tutors, join in sessions and group work to support learners to develop their communication skills
- Follow YES policies and procedures, including health and safety and safeguarding, throughout your placement.
Hours of placement, including days/times where relevant: Minimum 3 hours per week (morning or afternoon) volunteering as a Host for an adult learning class. Classes currently take place at the following times:
- Monday morning
- Tuesday morning and afternoon
- Wednesday morning
Length of placement: Minimum of 6 months commitment – term time only.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 August, 2021 – 10:00How to Apply:
YES will be delivering Volunteer Information Sessions at 10am on the 24th August and 10am and 2pm on the 2nd September. Applicants interested in volunteering are invited to attend one of these sessions to find out more about YES, our volunteer roles and how to apply.
Volunteer Interviews will take place the following week commencing 6th September.
Volunteer Induction will take place on 23rd and 30th September with Placements starting in October.
To book a place at one of the Volunteer Information Sessions please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name, telephone number and email address
- Volunteer Role(s) interested in
- Reasons for your interest in volunteering for YES (3-4 sentences max)
- Preferred Information Session Date
Contact Person: Kate Jeffery
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 0117 973 9744Postal Address: Unit 3, Hide Market, West Street, Bristol, BS2 0BH